Nehemiah Chapter 7 - New International Version
1. After the wall had been rebuilt and I had set the doors in place, the gatekeepers and the singers and the Levites were appointed.
2. I put in charge of Jerusalem my brother Hanani, along with  Hananiah the commander of the citadel, because he was a man of integrity and feared God more than most men do.
3. I said to them, "The gates of Jerusalem are not to be opened until the sun is hot. While the gatekeepers are still on duty, have them shut the doors and bar them. Also appoint residents of Jerusalem as guards, some at their posts and some near their own houses."
4. Now the city was large and spacious, but there were few people in it, and the houses had not yet been rebuilt.
5. So my God put it into my heart to assemble the nobles, the officials and the common people for registration by families. I found the genealogical record of those who had been the first to return. This is what I found written there:
6. These are the people of the province who came up from the captivity of the exiles whom Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon had taken captive (they returned to Jerusalem and Judah, each to his own town,
7. in company with Zerubbabel, Jeshua, Nehemiah, Azariah, Raamiah, Nahamani, Mordecai, Bilshan, Mispereth, Bigvai, Nehum and Baanah): The list of the men of Israel:
8. the descendants of Parosh 2,172
9. of Shephatiah 372
10. of Arah 652
11. of Pahath-Moab (through the line of Jeshua and Joab) 2,818
12. of Elam 1,254
13. of Zattu 845
14. of Zaccai 760
15. of Binnui 648
16. of Bebai 628
17. of Azgad 2,322
18. of Adonikam 667
19. of Bigvai 2,067
20. of Adin 655
21. of Ater (through Hezekiah) 98
22. of Hashum 328
23. of Bezai 324
24. of Hariph 112
25. of Gibeon 95
26. the men of Bethlehem and Netophah 188
27. of Anathoth 128
28. of Beth Azmaveth 42
29. of Kiriath Jearim, Kephirah and Beeroth 743
30. of Ramah and Geba 621
31. of Micmash 122
32. of Bethel and Ai 123
33. of the other Nebo 52
34. of the other Elam 1,254
35. of Harim 320
36. of Jericho 345
37. of Lod, Hadid and Ono 721
38. of Senaah 3,930
39. The priests: the descendants of Jedaiah (through the family of Jeshua) 973
40. of Immer 1,052
41. of Pashhur 1,247
42. of Harim 1,017
43. The Levites: the descendants of Jeshua (through Kadmiel through the line of Hodaviah) 74
44. The singers: the descendants of Asaph 148
45. The gatekeepers: the descendants of Shallum, Ater, Talmon, Akkub, Hatita and Shobai 138
46. The temple servants: the descendants of Ziha, Hasupha, Tabbaoth,
47. Keros, Sia, Padon,
48. Lebana, Hagaba, Shalmai,
49. Hanan, Giddel, Gahar,
50. Reaiah, Rezin, Nekoda,
51. Gazzam, Uzza, Paseah,
52. Besai, Meunim, Nephussim,
53. Bakbuk, Hakupha, Harhur,
54. Bazluth, Mehida, Harsha,
55. Barkos, Sisera, Temah,
56. Neziah and Hatipha
57. The descendants of the servants of Solomon: the descendants of Sotai, Sophereth, Perida,
58. Jaala, Darkon, Giddel,
59. Shephatiah, Hattil, Pokereth-Hazzebaim and Amon
60. The temple servants and the descendants of the servants of Solomon 392
61. The following came up from the towns of Tel Melah, Tel Harsha, Kerub, Addon and Immer, but they could not show that their families were descended from Israel:
62. the descendants of Delaiah, Tobiah and Nekoda 642
63. And from among the priests: the descendants of Hobaiah, Hakkoz and Barzillai (a man who had married a daughter of Barzillai the Gileadite and was called by that name).
64. These searched for their family records, but they could not find them and so were excluded from the priesthood as unclean.
65. The governor, therefore, ordered them not to eat any of the most sacred food until there should be a priest ministering with the Urim and Thummim.
66. The whole company numbered 42,360,
67. besides their 7,337 menservants and maidservants; and they also had 245 men and women singers.
68. There were 736 horses, 245 mules, 
69. 435 camels and 6,720 donkeys.
70. Some of the heads of the families contributed to the work. The governor gave to the treasury 1,000 drachmas  of gold, 50 bowls and 530 garments for priests.
72. The total given by the rest of the people was 20,000 drachmas of gold, 2,000 minas  of silver and 67 garments for priests.
73. The priests, the Levites, the gatekeepers, the singers and the temple servants, along with certain of the people and the rest of the Israelites, settled in their own towns. When the seventh month came and the Israelites had settled in their towns,[read chapter]