Galatians Chapter 1 - New American Standard Bible
1. PAUL, an apostle ( not sent from men nor through the agency of man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised Him from the dead),
2. and all the brethren who are with me,
3. Grace to you and peace from  God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ,
4. who gave Himself for our sins so that He might rescue us from this present evil  age, according to the will of our God and Father,
5. to whom be the glory forevermore. Amen.
6. I am amazed that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you  by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel;
7. which is really not another; only there are some who are disturbing you and want to distort the gospel of Christ.
10. For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a bond-servant of Christ.
11. For I would have you know, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man.
12. For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ.
13. For you have heard of my former manner of life in Judaism, how I used to persecute the church of God beyond measure and tried to destroy it;
14. and I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my contemporaries among my  countrymen, being more extremely zealous for my ancestral traditions.
15. But when God, who had set me apart even from my mother's womb and called me through His grace, was pleased
16. to reveal His Son in me so that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately consult with  flesh and blood,
17. nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; but I went away to Arabia, and returned once more to Damascus.
18. Then three years later I went up to Jerusalem to  become acquainted with Cephas, and stayed with him fifteen days.
19. But I did not see any other of the apostles except  James, the Lord's brother.
20. (Now in what I am writing to you,  I assure you before God that I am not lying.)
21. Then I went into the regions of Syria and Cilicia.
22. I was still unknown by  sight to the churches of Judea which were in Christ;
23. but only, they kept hearing, «He who once persecuted us is now preaching the faith which he once tried to destroy.»
24. And they were glorifying God  because of me.[read chapter]