Isaiah Chapter 1 - New International Version
1. The vision concerning Judah and Jerusalem that Isaiah son of Amoz saw during the reigns of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz and Hezekiah, kings of Judah.
2. Hear, O heavens! Listen, O earth! For the LORD has spoken: "I reared children and brought them up, but they have rebelled against me.
3. The ox knows his master, the donkey his owner's manger, but Israel does not know, my people do not understand."
4. Ah, sinful nation, a people loaded with guilt, a brood of evildoers, children given to corruption! They have forsaken the LORD; they have spurned the Holy One of Israel and turned their backs on him.
5. Why should you be beaten anymore? Why do you persist in rebellion? Your whole head is injured, your whole heart afflicted.
6. From the sole of your foot to the top of your head there is no soundness-- only wounds and welts and open sores, not cleansed or bandaged or soothed with oil.
7. Your country is desolate, your cities burned with fire; your fields are being stripped by foreigners right before you, laid waste as when overthrown by strangers.
8. The Daughter of Zion is left like a shelter in a vineyard, like a hut in a field of melons, like a city under siege.
9. Unless the LORD Almighty had left us some survivors, we would have become like Sodom, we would have been like Gomorrah.
10. Hear the word of the LORD, you rulers of Sodom; listen to the law of our God, you people of Gomorrah!
11. "The multitude of your sacrifices-- what are they to me?" says the LORD. "I have more than enough of burnt offerings, of rams and the fat of fattened animals; I have no pleasure in the blood of bulls and lambs and goats.
12. When you come to appear before me, who has asked this of you, this trampling of my courts?
13. Stop bringing meaningless offerings! Your incense is detestable to me. New Moons, Sabbaths and convocations-- I cannot bear your evil assemblies.
14. Your New Moon festivals and your appointed feasts my soul hates. They have become a burden to me; I am weary of bearing them.
15. When you spread out your hands in prayer, I will hide my eyes from you; even if you offer many prayers, I will not listen. Your hands are full of blood;
16. wash and make yourselves clean. Take your evil deeds out of my sight! Stop doing wrong,
17. learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed.  Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow.
18. "Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.
19. If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the best from the land;
20. but if you resist and rebel, you will be devoured by the sword." For the mouth of the LORD has spoken.
21. See how the faithful city has become a harlot! She once was full of justice; righteousness used to dwell in her-- but now murderers!
22. Your silver has become dross, your choice wine is diluted with water.
23. Your rulers are rebels, companions of thieves; they all love bribes and chase after gifts. They do not defend the cause of the fatherless; the widow's case does not come before them.
24. Therefore the Lord, the LORD Almighty, the Mighty One of Israel, declares: "Ah, I will get relief from my foes and avenge myself on my enemies.
25. I will turn my hand against you; I will thoroughly purge away your dross and remove all your impurities.
26. I will restore your judges as in days of old, your counselors as at the beginning. Afterward you will be called the City of Righteousness, the Faithful City."
27. Zion will be redeemed with justice, her penitent ones with righteousness.
28. But rebels and sinners will both be broken, and those who forsake the LORD will perish.
29. "You will be ashamed because of the sacred oaks in which you have delighted; you will be disgraced because of the gardens that you have chosen.
30. You will be like an oak with fading leaves, like a garden without water.
31. The mighty man will become tinder and his work a spark; both will burn together, with no one to quench the fire."[read chapter]
Bible Main : Isaiah : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66