Matthew Chapter 1 - New American Standard Bible
3. Judah was the father of Perez and Zerah by Tamar, Perez was the father of Hezron, and Hezron the father of  Ram.
4. Ram was the father of Amminadab, Amminadab the father of Nahshon, and Nahshon the father of Salmon.
5. Salmon was the father of Boaz by Rahab, Boaz was the father of Obed by Ruth, and Obed the father of Jesse.
6. Jesse was the father of David the king. David was the father of Solomon by  Bathsheba who had been the wife of Uriah.
7. Solomon was the father of Rehoboam, Rehoboam the father of Abijah, and Abijah the father of  Asa.
8. Asa was the father of Jehoshaphat, Jehoshaphat the father of  Joram, and Joram the father of Uzziah.
9. Uzziah was the father of  Jotham, Jotham the father of Ahaz, and Ahaz the father of Hezekiah.
10. Hezekiah was the father of Manasseh, Manasseh the father of  Amon, and Amon the father of Josiah.
11. Josiah became the father of  Jeconiah and his brothers, at the time of the deportation to Babylon.
12. After the deportation to Babylon: Jeconiah became the father of  Shealtiel, and Shealtiel the father of Zerubbabel.
13. Zerubbabel was the father of  Abihud, Abihud the father of Eliakim, and Eliakim the father of Azor.
14. Azor was the father of Zadok, Zadok the father of Achim, and Achim the father of Eliud.
15. Eliud was the father of Eleazar, Eleazar the father of Matthan, and Matthan the father of Jacob.
16. Jacob was the father of Joseph the husband of Mary, by whom Jesus was born, who is called  the Messiah.
17. So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; from David to the deportation to Babylon, fourteen generations; and from the deportation to Babylon to  the Messiah, fourteen generations.
19. And Joseph her husband, being a righteous man and not wanting to disgrace her, planned  to send her away secretly.
20. But when he had considered this, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, « Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife; for  the Child who has been  conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.
21. «She will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for  He will save His people from their sins.»
22. Now all this  took place to fulfill what was spoken by the Lord through the prophet:
23. « BEHOLD, THE VIRGIN SHALL BE WITH CHILD AND SHALL BEAR A SON, AND THEY SHALL CALL HIS NAME  IMMANUEL,» which translated means, « GOD WITH US.»
24. And Joseph  awoke from his sleep and did as the angel of the Lord commanded him, and took Mary as his wife,
25.  but kept her a virgin until she gave birth to a Son; and he called His name Jesus.[read chapter]