Job Chapter 23 - New International Version
1. Then Job replied:
3. If only I knew where to find him; if only I could go to his dwelling!
4. I would state my case before him and fill my mouth with arguments.
5. I would find out what he would answer me, and consider what he would say.
6. Would he oppose me with great power? No, he would not press charges against me.
7. There an upright man could present his case before him, and I would be delivered forever from my judge.
8. "But if I go to the east, he is not there; if I go to the west, I do not find him.
9. When he is at work in the north, I do not see him; when he turns to the south, I catch no glimpse of him.
10. But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold.
11. My feet have closely followed his steps; I have kept to his way without turning aside.
12. I have not departed from the commands of his lips; I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread.
13. "But he stands alone, and who can oppose him? He does whatever he pleases.
14. He carries out his decree against me, and many such plans he still has in store.
15. That is why I am terrified before him; when I think of all this, I fear him.
16. God has made my heart faint; the Almighty has terrified me.
17. Yet I am not silenced by the darkness, by the thick darkness that covers my face.[read chapter]