Job Chapter 26 - New International Version
1. Then Job replied:
2. "How you have helped the powerless! How you have saved the arm that is feeble!
3. What advice you have offered to one without wisdom! And what great insight you have displayed!
4. Who has helped you utter these words? And whose spirit spoke from your mouth?
5. "The dead are in deep anguish, those beneath the waters and all that live in them.
7. He spreads out the northern [skies] over empty space; he suspends the earth over nothing.
8. He wraps up the waters in his clouds, yet the clouds do not burst under their weight.
9. He covers the face of the full moon, spreading his clouds over it.
10. He marks out the horizon on the face of the waters for a boundary between light and darkness.
11. The pillars of the heavens quake, aghast at his rebuke.
12. By his power he churned up the sea; by his wisdom he cut Rahab to pieces.
13. By his breath the skies became fair; his hand pierced the gliding serpent.
14. And these are but the outer fringe of his works; how faint the whisper we hear of him! Who then can understand the thunder of his power?"[read chapter]