1_Timothy Chapter 3 - New International Version
1. Here is a trustworthy saying: If anyone sets his heart on being an overseer,  he desires a noble task.
2. Now the overseer must be above reproach, the husband of but one wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach,
3. not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money.
4. He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him with proper respect.
5. (If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God's church?)
6. He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil.
7. He must also have a good reputation with outsiders, so that he will not fall into disgrace and into the devil's trap.
8. Deacons, likewise, are to be men worthy of respect, sincere, not indulging in much wine, and not pursuing dishonest gain.
9. They must keep hold of the deep truths of the faith with a clear conscience.
10. They must first be tested; and then if there is nothing against them, let them serve as deacons.
11. In the same way, their wives  are to be women worthy of respect, not malicious talkers but temperate and trustworthy in everything.
12. A deacon must be the husband of but one wife and must manage his children and his household well.
13. Those who have served well gain an excellent standing and great assurance in their faith in Christ Jesus.
14. Although I hope to come to you soon, I am writing you these instructions so that,
15. if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God's household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.
16. Beyond all question, the mystery of godliness is great: He  appeared in a body,  was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was preached among the nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory.[read chapter]