1_Timothy Chapter 1 - New American Standard Bible
1. PAUL, an apostle of Christ Jesus according to the commandment of God our Savior, and of Christ Jesus, who is our hope,
2. To Timothy, my true child in the faith: Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.
5. But the goal of our  instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.
6. For some men, straying from these things, have turned aside to fruitless discussion,
7. wanting to be teachers of the Law, even though they do not understand either what they are saying or the matters about which they make confident assertions.
8. But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully,
9. realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers
11. according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted.
12. I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service,
13. even though I was formerly a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent aggressor. Yet I was shown mercy because I acted ignorantly in unbelief;
14. and the grace of our Lord was more than abundant, with the faith and love which are found in Christ Jesus.
15. It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost of all.
16. Yet for this reason I found mercy, so that in me as the foremost, Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience as an example for those  who would believe in Him for eternal life.
18. This command I entrust to you, Timothy, my  son, in accordance with the prophecies previously made concerning you, that by them you fight the good fight,
19. keeping faith and a good conscience, which some have rejected and suffered shipwreck in regard to  their faith.
20.  Among these are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have handed over to Satan, so that they will be taught not to blaspheme.[read chapter]