1_Timothy Chapter 6 - New American Standard Bible
1. ALL who are under the yoke as slaves are to regard their own masters as worthy of all honor so that the name of God and our doctrine will not be  spoken against.
2. Those who have believers as their masters must not be disrespectful to them because they are brethren, but must serve them all the more, because those who  partake of the benefit are believers and beloved. Teach and  preach these principles.
3. If anyone advocates a different doctrine and does not  agree with sound words, those of our Lord Jesus Christ, and with the doctrine conforming to godliness,
4. he is conceited and understands nothing; but he  has a morbid interest in controversial questions and disputes about words, out of which arise envy, strife, abusive language, evil suspicions,
5. and constant friction between men of depraved mind and deprived of the truth, who suppose that  godliness is a means of gain.
6. But godliness actually is a means of great gain when accompanied by contentment.
7. For we have brought nothing into the world, so we cannot take anything out of it either.
8. If we have food and covering, with these we shall be content.
9. But those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a snare and many foolish and harmful desires which plunge men into ruin and destruction.
10. For the love of money is a root of all  sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.
11. But flee from these things, you man of God, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love,  perseverance and gentleness.
12. Fight the good fight of faith; take hold of the eternal life to which you were called, and you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
13. I charge you in the presence of God, who  gives life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who testified the good confession before Pontius Pilate,
14. that you keep the commandment without stain or reproach until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ,
16. who alone possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see. To Him be honor and eternal dominion! Amen.
17. Instruct those who are rich in this present world not to be conceited or to fix their hope on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly supplies us with all things to enjoy.
18. Instruct them to do good, to be rich in good  works, to be generous and ready to share,
19. storing up for themselves the treasure of a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is life indeed.
20. O Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to you, avoiding worldly and empty chatter and the opposing arguments of what is falsely called «knowledge» --
21. which some have professed and thus gone astray  from the faith. Grace be with you.[read chapter]